Waunakee Area EMS In The News...


No one hurt in Dane apartment fire


Residents in an apartment complex all escaped a fire that occurred at 201 North St. in the Village of Dane at about 7 p.m. June 11.

According to a report from the Dane County Sheriff's office, deputies, along with DeForest, Dane and Waunakee Fire Departments and Waunakee EMS, responded to the fire. Upon arrival, emergency responders could see flames and heavy black smoke which had engulfed the building, the report states.

A preliminary investigation revealed that a resident of the apartment complex had been cooking and fell asleep, according to the report.

A monetary estimate of the damage is unavailable at this time. The Red Cross is currently assisting residents displaced from the fire.

 Courtesy:  Waunakee Tribune, (http://waunakeetribune.com)